The Fox has an undeserved reputation for being a sly trickster.
Perhaps their notoriety derives from centuries of eluding horse and hound across the English countryside on those time-honored hunts.* Or maybe it’s because their close proximity to human habitation (i.e. fields and farms) has led to more than one lost chicken from the coop.
In truth, the Fox tends to be shy, aloof and very adept at blending into his or her environment to not only survive, but thrive.
And yet, despite its solitary nature the Fox is an incredibly attentive and caring parent.
The Fox comes to remind us to look beyond the superficial appearances of people or a particular situation, and cautions us to be particularly mindful of our surroundings right now.
Some questions to guide your meditation:
- Do you enjoy spending some quiet time alone to rest and recharge?
- Is a new situation calling you to take a deeper look at something?
- Have you lately used work or projects to “escape” from facing certain feelings or emotions?
- If you’re currently experiencing a “road block” or obstacle, have you considered alternative, “non-direct” approaches?
* Originating as a formalized activity in 16th century England, thankfully fox hunts have been outlawed in Scotland since 2002, and in England and Wales since 2005.
For a free Nature Speaks Lenormand reading click HERE.
To get your Nature Speaks Lenormand Deck click the link.